Monday, May 16, 2011

MOMS Club of Camarillo Annual Tea Party/Fundraiser

One of my favorite MOMS Club events is our annual Mother's Day Tea and Fundraiser. We have a committee of wonderful ladies that collect donations from super generous businesses in our area. These items are then either used for raffles or became live auction items.

This is my second year on the committee and this year I volunteered to be in charge of decor. Just my cup of tea! (pun completely intended)

I decided to do a play on Alice in Wonderland.
Many of my projects were made possible by the Cricut Expression. There's no way I could have hand cut 19 teapots and 28 sets of petals for our flower corsages... well I could have, but I probably would have had both arms in slings at the actual event!

I was so busy greeting, pulling raffles and helping to auctioneer that I didn't take many photos at the event. We did have a member do that so if there are any must see projects, I'll update my post. Until then you get to see my not so brilliant photos! (Click on photos to get a closer look at them.)

It all started with the banner... cute teapots and a little bit of Alice.
Paper used: The Blossom Song Stack by DCWV - purchased at Michael's.. a very pretty blend of sparkly and glittery paper.
















A twist on name tags for a garden party.. Flower Corsages. Cut layered flowers on Cricut, put together with a pretty brad. We then folded in each petal and hot glued a leaf and pin on back. They turned out super pretty! After the party, guests can rip off the leaf and put on a purse or pretty bag for a little flair.











Of course we needed Eat Me/Try Me/Take Me cookies... how else would we grow and shrink to fit through the door?!
This was my first attempt at using Royal Icing.. although not super pretty, it was easier than I thought and with practice I'm sure they could be cuter! I have a great recipe that I found for the cookies and the icing. Let me know if you'd like me to share.



Cupcake toppers with various "alice" silhouettes  and tea images. Hot tip for cupcake toppers.. Starbucks stir sticks, cut in half, are the perfect size!


This signed greeted our guests in the front of the home and directed everyone to the backyard



Drink me tags were added to random cups on the tables






These Teapots were cut out on the Cricut Expression and used various patterned papers.. they made great raffle boxes! The .svg file was found at Denise's Scrapbooking Room. I tied a tag with the prize description to a piece of floss to give the appearance of a tea bag.





























We had a huge table filled with donations!





Our check in table needed a sign to let guest know about our name tags and also raffle costs







Don't you just love the monkey's foot?!


















The singing flowers made an appearance as table decor





































Our wonderful organization raised $928.00! Not bad for a bunch of budget-conscious stay at home moms! Way to go MOMS Club of Camarillo East moms!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of it! Would you mind telling me what cartridges you used for all the teapots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantel.. I found a .svg for the Teapot at Denise's Scrapbooking Room. I'll need to go back and update my credits.

    http://dscrapbookingroom.blogspot.com/2009/03/tea-pot-favor-box-to-cut-on-your-cricut.html

    ReplyDelete